Simple things to try before calling
Four Seasons Heating & Air Conditioning:
Not all problems with your equipment require a service call immediately. Sometimes, a few simple steps before picking up the phone could reset your equipment and save you money. If these handy checklists do not solve your problem, contact Four Seasons right away for service. Be sure to have your model number ready.
Gas Furnace Equipment
Check to make sure that your thermostat is set in the “heat” position
- Make sure that the temperature setting on the thermostat is set above (or higher than) the indoor temperature showing on the thermostat.
- Ensure that there is power to the furnace:
- Try turning the fan to ‘ON’ using the fan switch on the thermostat to test for power to furnace.
- Check the circuit breakers at the electrical panel.
- Check the SSU switch (it looks like a light switch on a gray box located at the furnace) to be sure it is in the ‘ON’ position
- Has the furnace filter been replaced recently?
- All 1-inch thick furnace filters should be replaced monthly.
- 2 inch thick pleated filters can most likely be changed about 6 times a year, while the 4 inch thick filters should be changed every 6-12 months or as needed.
- Check all return air grilles to make sure they are not blocked by furniture.
- Check all supply air registers to make sure they are open and blowing air.
- (The return air grilles are normally located on your walls and are wide and flat).